Monday, November 5, 2012

Let God Have Today

Sitting in the Catholic church where our band plays, I was reminded of my own philosophy, learned through trial and error and others, that in the end our own plans are only worth so much.

As Monday starts the work week, there may be stress ahead and we may be suffering the future pain of worry.

As I believe in a God who created everything, and has good intentions for us, I know that this week will have highs and lows. During the lows I believe that I am not meant to be in this state for long, things always bounce back. So sitting here, unknowing of what challenges will surprise me during the week, but knowing that they will come, I can resolve to allow God to do so. It's the least I can do considering all the good that's come my way. And frankly, no matter how bad things get, they could usually get much worse.

Today I'm letting the big guy drive the bus, and I'll do my best as a smiling passenger.

No comments: