Sunday, September 8, 2013

He Just God Lucky


A former soldier who went on to become a great teacher for countless thousands of Americans explained:

“I haven’t had any ‘God said’ events that I can recall, but I have become aware of God’s hand in my life. I can now look back to see that God was at work, especially in certain circumstances that at the time I thought were simply strokes of good luck. In 1944, during World War II, I had orders to board the USS Franklin in the South Pacific. My orders were canceled due to an emergency surgery. My appendix ruptured. During the attack, the person who took my place was at the battle station where I would have been, and he was killed by a kamikaze.”

We may not personally have been spared from flaming warplanes bombing from the sky, but chances are there's some event in our lives, or maybe even on a much more minor scale this week, where good fortune may be chalked up to God fortune. What is it?

No comments: