Saturday, September 14, 2013

Love Is Blind, Like Is Not


“I will love you all the same, but I won’t like you all the same. You won’t like each other all the same; you won’t all like me the same. I understand that. You may feel, at times, that I have double standards, as I certainly will not treat  you all the same. However, I will attempt to give each player the treatment he earns and deserves according to my judgment and in keeping with what I consider to be the best interests of the team.”

Our personalities are all different. Even a leader averse to the pitfalls of favoritism is bound to be drawn to, respect, or be amused by some charges more than others. Likeability and status can be earned. But love - that gift of grace, patience, caring, genuine good-will, a desire for them to be the best that they can individually be - that is one to be shared unconditionally and equally.

No comments: