Friday, November 21, 2014

Living Less Sweetly: The Week In Thanks

Last week I tutored my 600th hour, more than double the goal I had for the business when I started it six years ago. This week I have another 30+ hours scheduled so there's an outside chance at 700 for the year.

I am loving Cupcake's playing habits. I'm guessing that not all cats like to play. She does, but not to the point of irritation. She likes to wrestle, to chase, to pounce, aggressively enough for exercise but not wildly enough to damage skin or furniture.

Still holding down 1st place in the fantasy basketball league.

I decided to try detoxing from sugar since I'd been snacking regularly for some time. It's paying off. I've had plenty of energy to make it through 10-hour tutoring days. No surge-and-crash. No yearning for mid-afternoon naps. Things feel great.

For some reason, our State Farm condominium association premium dropped by $2,000. Enough said!

We went to Dena's bank's annual pre-Thanksgiving Christmas party on Saturday. She is lucky to be working somewhere that has such good-natured people, especially her boss.

We had a blasting cold arctic front come through this week, but not enough snow to require plowing. Not only am I thankful for that, but just in general that somehow as this outdoor-damping season ushers in I've pretty much grown immune to the loss of summer. The body just naturally adapts to a new normal.

My talented friends in RENT have been selling out the theater, including a couple tickets I've bought for next weekend.

Finally, I'm just glad there is so much more to life than just a daily grind. We don't need to sit in our living rooms absorbed in any one thing. There are a million adventures out there to be taken of our choosing. What a gift!

No comments: