Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tutoring Feedback Of The Day

Last night I met an adult student studying for her executive MBA while holding down a full-time job and raising a family with her husband. She asked if I could help her out with an advanced finance class. I didn't know for sure, but God has shown me the ability to help people in many unfamiliar situations when it comes to tutoring.

Things went well. By the end of the session she described it as "like an early Christmas present." She had been putting in 20 hour weeks and still struggling, so apparently I was able to help break up some of the logjam of information.

I'm no saint, and I can't work miracles, but I am deeply thankful for the gift that seems to enable me to help almost anyone who's taking a class involving math or business. As the semester grows long and my appointment calendar stretches from 30 towards 40 hours a week and into the weekends, I still wake up in the morning excited about the happiness that God will help me to spread to others. Someday when I'm on my deathbed I'll be able to look back at these and other days and say "I spent my life to the fullest."

No comments: