Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thanks #5: Barack Obama

I like to think that my views about government policy are diverse enough to fall outside a neat package of any political party. This post is as much about thankfulness for our leader as it is for a man, since I don't know him personally or study politics very closely. What I do know is that he's commander-in-chief of our armed forces, meaning that he literally makes life and death decisions. In the press he's held personally responsible for an array of things that, individually or collectively, could be overwhelming. The employment of hundreds of millions. The economic performance of millions of businesses. Peace in foreign nations. Feeding the less fortunate. Containing the spread of the ebola virus. Speaking on live television. Guiding 500 strong-willed Congressional personalities toward progress. Someone has to do this job. I'm glad he has.

No comments: