Sunday, December 14, 2014

Buying A New Year

There comes a point when enough activities start being scheduled for the new year that it's time to buy a fresh day planner. That day was today.

For a planner like me it's a special treat to crack open the spine of a blank book for the first time. A calendar year of potential lies ahead, waiting to be written entry by entry.

I'll meet new students, new friends, new volunteer organizations, new business contacts, new doctors, new band mates, new cast mates, new neighbors, new athletes.

How much of my 2015 will be spent in the gym? The pool? The Chamber of Commerce? The library? The church? The theater? The high schools? The colleges? The man cave?

What will I do to make life better?

2015 awaits. The pages begin to be written today.

3 comments:

dyoung said...

I'm feeling the same! I wasn't "here" even a week ago...but I'm ready to tackle 2015 now.
I've got my tools ready, but check out bullet journaling. I think you'd like this!
Bulletjournal.com

Anonymous said...

Is "potential lies" what you really meant?

Anonymous said...

McDonald humor.