Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Able, Without Cane

How's the hip replacement healing Mom? When last Hidden Blog readers checked, you were needing a leg lifter device even to get yourself into bed.

I still have to use the leg lifter to get into bed, but I don't scream when I do it now. :-)

Can now take a shower downstairs, an improvement I must say. Am occasionally walking without aid when upstairs in the hallway, I just forget my cane. Still am not allowed to bend over or pick things up from the floor. Had to have my physical therapist pick up a container of spaghetti today that I dropped on the floor yesterday. Georgette is usually my picker-upper but he got here first today. Marv has been picking up the mail and bringing it to me and Georgette or Bert are putting the garbage out for me. Thank goodness for neighbors.

No comments: