Friday, June 27, 2008

Good Bye, Life Tax!

It’s been a great week, all things considered, as my seven year membership in the Life Tax Department comes to an end today. The gang took me out to lunch and got me an excellent basket of about two dozen gifts. Knowing the beach bum that I am, I got a new towel, swim trunks, flip-flops, goofy glasses, snacks, even a sand pail and shovel. Later I gave them a fashion show! What always means the most though are the words that people share. They bought me a book of reflections and signed the inside, and a card with personal notes of thanks that say I made a difference to them. Many people have dropped by to tell how happy they’ve been to work with me. One or two asked if I was feeling okay, since they can tell that I’m sad for the change.

No comments: