Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pranks a Lot

Our department has had some great practical jokes through the years. I finally got a chance to participate in one.

We had a meeting in another department with Ken and a handful of other co-workers from our area. Ken's a fun and excitable guy. He left his drinking mug behind because he was dashing off to another nearby meeting. While he was still up there I sent a phony e-mail which appeared to be from Sal, the director of the other department, to all of his employees. Sal's the model even-tempered professional and corporate soldier who devotes uncommonly long hours to the job. The e-mail claimed that a mug had been found, and placed on his secretary's desk. I forwarded it on to my department and, fortunately, Ken had just come down and was asking around to see if anyone had found his mug. Several people told him about "Sal's" e-mail (I'd told his cube neighbors what I was planning to do), and he spun on his heel and bolted upstairs, first searching the secretary's desk to no avail, and finally going to Sal's office and asking him (I had NOT told Sal what I was planning to do). I'm sure they had a nice chat, right?

No comments: