Monday, June 2, 2008

Paramedics Party

When you leave your mother recovering from hip surgery, you like to hear follow-up stories like "was able to walk ten steps pain-free today!" How's it going, Mom?

"Things are better now, but ended up back in the hospital on Tuesday evening. Had to call the paramedics, who were able to break into the house thanks to the fact that Joe didn't lock the bedroom window, because while upstairs walking from the bathroom to the bedroom I was in so much pain I thought I was going to pass out. Luckily, while sitting on the bed, my nurse called and she directed me to call 911. They thought it might have been a blood clot, ran tests on me at the hospital and decided that I just was overdoing it. They gave me a shot of something in the hip and sent me home in an ambulance so that I'd have help getting into bed. Felt better the next morning and have been progressively better since."

Alrighty, then... "haven't had any blood clots this week" will have to do.

No comments: