Monday, October 13, 2008

Eye Caramba!

I was five minutes into hoops this morning when I was matched up with a guy a half a foot taller than me. This meant that his elbows were just high enough that as I ran up behind him dribbling during a fast break, the act of him passing the ball to someone resulted in him drilling my left eye. After buckling to the floor in inky blackness and searing pain, I picked myself up and exited early for the day. Since then I've not seen my contact lens that was in that eye. I searched all around the eyeball, unable to believe that the force would've jarred the lens out of my head. At this stage it's tough to distinguish one discomfort from another, so if there is a lens in there (the doctor's office peeked at it and found nothing) then I wouldn't be able to tell.

When this is life's biggest problem, then life's going good!

No comments: