Saturday, December 13, 2008

Birthday Presence

I stopped by Hidden Blogger Brandi Peterson's 35th birthday bash at Rosie's Pub on Friday night. Surrounded by friends... what a great way to live. I'm sure she'd say that she's too blessed to be stressed, and yet she's overcome her fair share this year, losing a job for budgetary reasons and then working her way back into an unfamiliar one that's given her family more security.

Another young friend of mine is going through a family struggle with cancer. On this same day, she sent a note out to a support group:

"I was just so overwhelmed looking around at the room, filled with such wonderfully giving and caring people. I think at times we all may feel overwhelmed by a sense that we want to do 'more', or feel that we need to do 'bigger' things to help people, but I can attest to the fact that sometimes something that you think is 'small' - like an e-mail or phone call, can change the tone of someone's day for the better. You have all had an impact on my life as I go through this with my husband. Words cannot thank you all enough......thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Our presence of love makes a difference, in whatever form it takes.

No comments: