Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Hot Damn And Hallelujah!

My friend Sharon slipped in her home and broke a hip a while back. Now her wishes are coming true! Read on, and be merry...

Went back to Dr Novotny today, see if I could ditch the crutches or not. after having my hopes dashed last month, wasn't even hoping today..

he did an x-ray, took me to a room, looked at the pix. MY BONE IS 100% HEALED!!!!! I hugged him, I cried. A pronouncment my year-long ordeal of hell is over.

For the FIRST TIME, I stood up and looked at the x-ray! Will always have the rod and 2 screws, he showed me where the screw was that he removed, can see a shadow, will always be a scar there. he showed me where the bone was broken.

You always put on your best face, never let anyone know how much the pain really is, or how down you really are. There were some days of nothing but hell. I watched out my hospital room as 80 year old folks walked down the hospital hall on their walker, when I all I could do was move my foot and nothing else. There were days of having to have help just to move, to get to wheel chair to go to the bathroom 5 feet away, having to pull that cord in there for help, like a geriatric patient. 2 weeks of bleak winter days laying in the hospital. No One has to stay in the hospital that long. Remember them trying to get me up 2 days after surgery, and dropping to the floor like a wet noodle, having a blood transfusion since I lost so much blood in surgery. I just wanted to slip away, into a dark place at that point and not try anymore, not have any more pain, physically or spiritually.

Still use 1 crutch as I need for stability and with ice. Bone is healed, now on to therapy to rebuild hip muscles so I can WALK NORMAL AGAIN! :)

Short of some therapy and medical bills, my ordeal is officially pronounced over!!!

I thank God for this blessing to go through such trials that I have a much bigger appreciation of life and of good health. And empathy for others who are struggling.

Thank you for all of your support.throughout the whole ordeal. May you have as happy a New Year as I'm having!! I've been waiting for this day for a very long time!




HOT DAMN AND HALLELUJIAH!

No comments: