Saturday, December 27, 2008

iPod Nano Modernizes McDonald To 2005

I saw a 24-year old co-worker trading text messages with another co-worker during a meeting one time, and concluded that I need to take steps to keep up with technology. Later I mentioned that I'd probably buy and iPod at some point, and he offered me his.

According to Wikipedia:

"Testing by technology-enthusiast website Ars Technica has shown that even after being sat on, dropped by a jogger, dropped four times from a car moving at various speeds, then being driven over twice by the car, and finally dropped from nine feet onto concrete, the unit's screen was damaged but it could still play music. The unit finally stopped playing music after being thrown 40 feet (12 m) into the air and landing on concrete."

I'll keep that in mind the next time a song makes me so jubilant that I feel like flinging something skyward.

Nano is now in its fourth generation in four years, but I take some comfort in the fact that the endurance ratings were reportedly a little lower for these new-fangled ones. That's me - a stickler for quality, even if it means lugging around a four-year-old dinosaur of a machine.

So now I dabble in the iTunes world, snapping up a dozen or so songs and realizing that the rights to the original Beatles tunes have not been released. Still, my morning drives and walks into work are sunnier, my workouts mellower, and my pockets a little more gizmo-occupied.

No comments: