Friday, December 5, 2008

Losses Lead To Wins

During a time of turmoil at Wal-Mart...

"...a bunch more of our managers left. It was a real, bona fide exodus, and by the time it was over, I'll be one third of our senior management was gone. For the first time in a long time, things looked pretty grim. And at that point, I have to admit I wasn't sure myself that we could just keep on going like before...

...most setbacks can be turned into opportunities. And as things turned out, this setback presented us with one of the great opportunities in our company's history." - Sam Walton

Things have been turmoil around here lately. At least three times this week a significant decision has gone opposite of the way I'd preferred. On the bright side, the "Mr. Positivity" log improved slightly in terms of volume of entries. And in one of this week's key decisions, a new idea did emerge that could prove a good solution.

No comments: