Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bumps Away

This morning I had cosmetic surgery. Yep, even signed a sheet declaring such (in case there was any confusion for insurance purposes). The surgery to remove a cyst on my back, delayed in May, finally got done in about a half-hour's time.

Kudos to the doctor, she and her assistant kept up some lively conversation during the procedure, starting with a jab or two with a numbing injection needle (which I was expecting) and then what felt like a few test slices with the scalpel (which I wasn't..."Did you feel that?" "Yes...") until the meds took effect.

Baseball, vacation, and other idle chit-chat, a bunch of tugging sensations then "All gone!"

Where once was a protrusion is now a bandage and, in 24 hours, a linear scar. After that I'm welcome to shower freely. And in ten days the stitches come out, along with a customary biopsy. And afterward Dena and I "recuperated" from the experience over a celebratory breakfast at Wildberries.

No weight lifting for a while, so I'll have something to look up to when I resume... a mediocre 145-pound bench press set of 15 was my max yesterday.

Not exactly liposuction, but a satisfying experience nonetheless!

No comments: