Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Really Good Day

This might have been my best day of the year.

I ran a meeting at work that flowed like a dream - interesting guest speakers showed up on time, good questions, good laughs, and good information.

Got back to my desk with 5 minutes to spare before my meeting with my supervisor. In that span, learned that one major project in turmoil for several months took a significant step closer to completion, and another controversial project was cancelled.

Then my boss opened up the meeting with a major piece of good news about our unit's plans for 2009.

Today was a delicious Bosses' Day lunch, and the group that sat at my table had fun conversation and even played a little Hangman.

Everyone who came to me with questions throughout the day, I answered on the spot - no extended research projects to be launched.

I asked one co-worker if he'd had a chance to follow up on a troubling case involving a policyholder, and he'd taken care of it.

Got my stitches removed today from my back, and I didn't even feel it. The biopsy verified what I'd been told all along - the cyst was benign.

Dropped by the gym for an hour of cardio. Found two new work shirts at Bergner's.

Got home and saw that my Sports Illustrated mag had arrived.

Some days, God just decides that everything will go right.

I'm off to buy a lottery ticket...

No comments: