Friday, November 20, 2009

I Feel So Embarrassed

The other day I tried to bring some humor to a unit meeting, printing off a top ten list from the internet that looked pretty good... until I got to number 6. "Top Ten Things Not To Say At A Funeral" was just too much gallows humor for this particular hour. Which brings me to some wise counsel...

"If you did something incredibly inappropriate or stupid, do not try to defend your behavior. There's only one thing that will work: the phrase, 'I feel so embarrassed.' Why? Because this one phrase accomplishes three very important things. First, it shows what you did was acceptable - which means that you're unlikely to do it again. Second, it shows that you're human. Third, it shows complete honesty - and who doesn't want to deal with an honest person?" - David Lieberman

Well, an honest person who cracks jokes at a funeral, for one... but I digress.

No comments: