Sunday, July 18, 2010

High/Low Week 28, 2010

It was physically a low point to endure a big loss on the ultimate frisbee field, with our abundance of errant and dropped throws, and opponents left hopelessly open to score. And it was a high in the big picture to be unstressed by it. In fact, recently I disposed of all the intramural sports plaques in my office. Being associated with champion teams isn't the part of my identity that it once was. Good exercise, rapport with all players (teammates and opponents), and a reasonable amount of success are sufficient for me... as long as I'm playing my personal best.

As Jennifer fills Tyson's former spot at work tomorrow, there's a hearty cheer of thanks for the remarkably calm waters over the last month that we were short staffed. Emily and Paulette have provided spark with their new contributions. And the $1 million project discussed in prior posts got official clearance to launch on August 1.

Dena and I got a couple of runs in through the punishing afternoon heat, which should steel us against the hills and temperatures we'll face in the 7-mile Bix next weekend.

Mom was in great spirits for her birthday visit, and enjoyed the video picture frame that we got her. Plus, we went out for meals and enjoyed Dena's delicious chocolate cake. May next week be just as sweet!

No comments: