Monday, July 5, 2010

Off Limits

"You might just as well hang it up and kiss God good-bye if you really need to keep blaming somebody else for your own life's limitations." - Elizabeth Gilbert

Kinda silly in a way, isn't it? On one hand, fortunately, it's unnatural for me to get angry at God. Even as people are dying all around my Mom lately from various cancers... they still led full lives and were apportioned a good part of creation to enjoy during their time here. And then during a meeting someone will say something contrary to my way of thinking, and it'll get steam billowing. That person who... is simply another part of creation from the same God. Just a little closer to my "ego," which I seem to guard with illogical fervor as if it were more within my control and less a part of God's plan.

Humanity is all about limits. They may not always be enjoyable, but there's always something nearby to enjoy, so why not?

No comments: