Sunday, July 25, 2010

Two Lessons For The Price Of One

"Failure is an event, not a person. Yesterday ended last night, and it's not where you start, but where you finish that counts." - Zig Ziglar

Recently a memory came to mind about a person who I'm fairly sure ripped me off for a good sum of money. At the end of a project he looked me in the eye and told me that the cost was $X, when he'd suggested that it was $Y originally. I hesitated, but being non-confrontational and quickly rationalizing that he could be right, I wrote the check and he was out the door. Who enjoys a feeling like that? So Zig's point hits the mark. That image is strong in my mind, enough to use it for better reaction if I encounter a similar future situation. It was a failure, but not me. It's in the past and stays there.

No comments: