Saturday, August 14, 2010

High/Low Week 32, 2010

I missed my weight room workout on Friday afternoon. I let myself get too wrapped up in work and let it interfere with that small commitment to health. Then I stayed up later than usual and ate a bit more than I like. Big breakdowns begin with little cracks, but there was no worry here. Slept in a tad later, made the weights instead of hoops, but still got in an hour of basketball. Back on track.

After giving in to temptation of some backbiting last week, this one was improved. Actually caught myself just in time on a couple of occasions, letting a couple of softballs float by instead of swinging. Plate discipline feels good.

We had a tremendous time with Troy and Dona on Friday night, sharing my first experience watching a movie after having read the book. I think I enjoyed comparing the two with Dona as much as seeing the movie itself. Plus we were treated to a mini-guitar concert by Lane, who's got a head start on the skill of picking individual notes off the strings in a way I've never done. It's always fun to double date and catch up with the happenings at Premier Fabrication, Illinois Central College, Eureka school sports and other exciting happenings in Goodfield.

Dena gave herself the gift of a mental health day to celebrate her 40th. She gets better with age!

It was the latest in a string of productive weeks at work. I've never had five employees directly reporting to me before - and they've performed with energy and accuracy. I'm riding high with confidence in them.

No comments: