Sunday, August 22, 2010

High/Low Week 33, 2010

As you may have been able to tell, my laptop's hard drive crashed this week. Therefore, I'm glad we didn't proceed with the original plan to disconnect the old desktop from the Internet!

In the game of respect and keeping one's mouth shut at the right times, I broke even as far as I know. On one hand, I recall at least twice when I made a less-than-supportive comment about a non-present co-worker, which of late has been vice #1. But later in the week, given two more opportunities to help fuel a similarly negative conversation, I kept tight.

Life's been rolling though. The weather's been summer fabulous. The boss and the direct reports have been doing well, even in the face of a sudden and time-sensitive project. In fact, there was a motivating sequence on Thursday when I got a message indicating that some of our employees were interested in doing some new projects, and later that day a perfect opportunity to pitch in on a department-wide five-alarm theoretical fire appeared.

Dena's in talks about a possible $5,000 graphic design job... thanks to connections through her involvement in Kiwanis. Such as her successful leadership of their annual Peanut Days fund raiser.

Three out of five fantasy baseball teams are in first place.

Read an entire book on Red Grange in one day.

Eight months ago today, I recorded strength levels on various exercises, as follows:

Standing squats - 135 lbs.
Shoulder press - 110 lbs.
Bicep curls - 90 lbs.
Chest press - 160 lbs.
Leg curls - 70 lbs.
Toe raises - 220 lbs. (20 reps)

This week:

Standing squats - 235 lbs.
Shoulder press - 120 lbs.
Bicep curls - 105 lbs.
Chest press - 170 lbs.
Leg curls - 100 lbs.
Toe raises - 290 lbs. (20 reps)

Good times!

No comments: