Saturday, October 16, 2010

Getting Cred

Coach Short asked me to fill out an application for my credentials as a volunteer.

It's an upgrade in the state of security as far as I'm concerned. Last year I had to come in and complete an on-screen app for a background review. In these times it's a no-brainer that an adult about to work with high school children must do this. The school simply cannot risk that I might be alone in the locker room with one of the boys and write him a bad check.

This year was basically a renewal form that's used for all Unit 5 school volunteers. It asked for my name, the program I'm volunteering for, and the number of weekly available hours (I put 20... considering five weekly practices at about 2 hours a pop and one game a week consuming four hours, plus some study/strategy on the side).

I'm just disappointed that I didn't slip in a nickname, in case there's a badge involved:

"Shoulders"
"Mr. Crutch"
"Man of Teal"
"Professorus"
"Lord of the Fries"

No comments: