Sunday, October 31, 2010

High/Low Week 43, 2010

Does it count as sufficiently low when you oversleep a meeting with an assistant vice president? Thought so. Mental note for next career: no eight o' clock appointments.

I'm on a bit of a slide in diet, downing more sodas and chocolate than I have in many weeks. Also, I've been showing less commitment to the notebook that's helped organize me so well this year. It's going to be helpful to get back on track in all respects, because carelessness at the root can kill the productive tree after a while.

It was a good week overall. There were at least two times where I was able to provide career counseling for people. It was heartening to hear one of them describe me as a good listener, since the struggle against selfishness is one of my toughest. Better yet, the compliment came from a person who is actually my own role model for being genuinely interested in other people.

Missed meeting aside, it was a busy but effective week at the office. All hands were on deck for the last stages of launching a new product for customers. While Jennifer was captaining admirably, Rob and Betty were off making major contributions to separate projects of their own.

We were able to get out on a date with long-time pals the Hosses in the quiet confines of Marriott Hotel's Jesse's Grille. It turned into one of those dinners where the meal lasts an hour but the conversation flows bountifully for three without even realizing it. In my book those kinds of friends are golden.

Capping off the week with a date to see the Red movie was our first since I got back from New York.

Basketball is just over a week away, and I just got signed up for a soccer team to help stay in shape. Plus, I sent the last of my treasurer's reports to the condo board this week, officially beginning my freedom in that respect.

The fantasy football team's been on a short winning streak, and my fantasy basketball team was successfully drafted and is off to a solid third-place start.

We're less than ten weeks from 2011, and a couple of the 2010 new year's resolutions are still dangling. Let's see what kind of progress can be made this week!

No comments: