Sunday, October 3, 2010

High/Low Week 39, 2010

Three-quarters of the way through the year!

It's dangerous to let moments slip from the mind that need attention, and that's what happened this week. Suffice to say that next week there needs to be more specificity than is showing up here.

There was a moment this week at the office where I pushed the Send button when better instincts told me to wait a day to fact check, and it cost me.

Meanwhile, there was a crucial conversation at work that helped us get some priorities in order.

A friend of mine was considering a career change, and fortunately I have a friend who was in that field. They had a good conversation and will be meeting again!

Ryan and I set up a meeting to prep for the upcoming basketball season after playing a bit of tag.

The condo association's application for FHA approval was successfully completed and mailed. In about 30 days we ought to hear back and likely be accepted. A half-dozen owners hoping to sell their units will be much better off.

Continuing the adventure into individual investing, I set up an account on AmeriTrade this morning, and will be seeding it with some initial investment next week.

My legs are as strong as they've been in some time... the cardio machine at the Four Seasons has to be up to resistance level 15 in order to get my heart rate into the target zone.

Got my New York business trip booked successfully.

And finally, in the last week of the season my worst fantasy baseball team rallied into first place, and held on to win by a nose. That closed out a perfect record - all five teams ended up champions, a personal best. More to come on that!

No comments: