Saturday, June 19, 2010

High/Low, Week 23 2010

Vacation in the Outer Banks!

The low point is an easy one. My allergy to small children flared up in the midst of the previously-blogged video game baby-sitting marathon. Toward the end of the fifth hour, as one of the sugar-fueled squealers dropped my controller to the ground for the third time, I stormed to my feet, disconnected the game and declared it shut down for the rest of the week. I think my Mom would have been proud, and it still feels like proper justice, but the anger... ah, my relentless and seemingly inescapable companion. Reflecting on that incident gave rise to the post about "mental muscles," and I would say it's helped since.

You read all about Spa Koru, which was the highlight of the week hands down. Coming in second was the guitar session with Lane. Another successful Young-McDonald sponsored feast drew raves this year. Jane led the Puzzling Bloggers Guild in several events, even attracting some non-blogging members. And Dena and I had a lot of fun on the drive out and back.

No comments: