Thursday, June 24, 2010

Round Of Golf

The actuarial department went out for a round of best-ball golf this afternoon. Tina Bell, Stephanie Snodgrass and me were the final threesome of duffers out there. Stephanie, on her wrenched ankle, had the best ball on 7 of our first 10 shots and generally kept us respectable. Meanwhile, Tina and I enjoyed filling the weeds and lakes of the Links at Ireland Grove with golf balls. For some reason I really thought I wouldn't lose any balls, but the magic number turned out to be four. I must say that my golf clubs are quite sound, to this day I don't recall where they came from but they are good as new. Or more specifically, good as used-five-times-in-the-last decade.

My teammates had imbibed a bit before the match, which made them an extra measure of happy. In nine holes we probably finished 6 or 7 over par. Not bad!

No comments: