Thursday, June 10, 2010

Map Quest

"At the end of the day, people follow those who know where they're going." - Jack Trout

Still trying to figure it out, personally. Within my work responsibilities, I've got a plan. Beyond that... maybe the old adage about success being a journey and not a destination applies. My destination is freedom rather than legacy - to let my body's rhythms flow without imposition. To wake when I'm ready, sleep when I'm ready, play when I'm ready, work when I'm ready... bound only in lightest terms by the clock. My orientation will always be fairly productive, if I were lazy I doubt I'd write thousands of posts, read hundreds of books, coach teams, or serve on condominium boards. The journey of success will be to master the impulses of anger - to accept that "everything's gonna be all right," to see failure as learning and opportunity, to remember to laugh at myself, to focus on myself as an instrument in the plan of a loving God. Hopefully I'll live long enough to celebrate that accomplishment!

No comments: