Sunday, June 27, 2010

Toy Story 3

See this movie! Maybe in 3-D, but not essential.

While no series truly comes to an end, it was a pleasant (and ultimately heart-tugging) surprise to see the toys' boy all grown up and ready for college.

The toys end up in a day care center and... I will say that I saw the twist coming a mile away. Enough said, as the homesick toys toil and scheme to find their way back home. When someone told me it was a tear-jerker that doesn't end the way you'd think it would, I was curious. I was satisfied with the end, and while the tears didn't quite come, it did have just the right emotion to bring some wistful contentedness during the walk to the car.

Those "mission impossible" hijinks provide great action scenes, and the time passed by as quickly as you'd expect from a continuously interesting movie, with all the important returning actors.

Well done!

No comments: