Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Devotion And Potion: The Week In Thanks

Every six months or so I get another chance to celebrate the medical magic that is Zicam spray. On Monday night after a full day of tutoring my throat was a throbbing wreck and I collapsed into bed. That is, moments after taking a spritz of Zicam, and some Nyquil pills. After regular 3-hour doses, I was good as new in just a couple of days.



Cupcake's becoming a magician at escaping from her collar, and even from the harness. A couple times this week she got loose while we were walking her around the yard, but she just let us pick her up without frisking away. She keeps learning new games to play and shows tons of affection. The other night I got home late, stepped out of my car and could hear her mewing enthusiastically to me through the upstairs window, then she sprinted up to me when I entered the house.



Yet another sign that the band is so strong and devoted: Sean got a wicked cough from Jackson this week, yet dragged himself to church to help lead.



I accidentally left a dome light on in my car this week. The reason I was spared a dead battery the next morning was Cuppie's insistence to go outside for a walk. I heard about another man who, after 15 years of shoulder problems and considerable medical experimentation, was healed when he slipped and fell on the sidewalk. God works in mysterious ways, which is great for bloggers.


I notched another fantasy football win, or five more in total than Yahoo! predicted for me at season's start.


I added two more students this week, and am scheduled for 25 hours + 6 at Heartland.


I'm off chiropractic care on advice of my doctor, and since applying the potion he prescribed and monitoring my exercise and posture, have had a good week of joint health. May the trend continue!


Our carports have begun to grow again, and are looking good!


I've discovered a tutor-for-massage trade situation with the parent of one of my clients, which will surely help my general health.


We've had classically beautiful fall days so far this season. Life at home is grand, Dena's getting consideration for full-time employment with her bank. These are days to celebrate while the good times last.

No comments: