Sunday, October 12, 2014

Priestly Humor

I have no great specifics, because I am not a great sermon listener, but I did greatly enjoy the humor that the priest brought today.

He was trying to bring the Bible passage to real life so he had us imagine that we were attending big event: The wedding of "Your CEO," or "the President." Or, he added, "Justin Bieber." Granted JB is a little out of favor these days, but his effort to be contemporary was appreciated anyway.

Later on he used the phrase "killing spree" to describe the actions of an unjust ruler in Biblical times.

At the end he celebrated the birth of "the band's" newest child (technically, only a child of the band's leaders, but hey we're all uncles and aunts). Her name is Liliana. He joked, "I don't suppose she's Liliana Eric? Still waiting on that one." The priest's name is Eric.

This type of humanity and humor is what keeps this Epiphany church as relevant as any Catholic church I've been a part of.

No comments: