Thursday, October 16, 2014

Quick Hitters: The Week In Thanks

This week I'm thankful for...

- The fact that I live in a condominium neighborhood where a dozen people in high spirits head out into the courtyard to beautify the grounds and then eat some lunch together.

- Deron Penn, the tech from William Masters who provided exceptionally good service by teaching me a lot about how security lighting works.

- Cupcake's affinity for nuzzling my leg and mewing until I pick her up and cradle her in my arms so that she can lie with her eyes closed and purr with a smile on her face.

- Aleve, that salvation for a workaholic like Dena who poured in an extra four hours doing yard work and cleaning house last Saturday.

- The three hundred yards of open road between me and the sideswipe car crash I saw on the highway.

- Jenny Lawson, the author of a book I read last week and re-awakened me to the opportunity for humor in my writing.

- Being Irish. Because I tend to focus on their backbreaking work ethic instead of their hard-drinking stereotype. I do like potatoes, though.

- The successful birth of Lily Stevens and the continued health of their family and the band.

No comments: