Sunday, October 12, 2014

Love Is A Dream

In the wake of Jan Hooks' death this week I tried to find a more direct link to a classic skit between her and Phil Hartman, both of whom passed away too soon for their fans, and in fact much sooner than people normally do.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media/watch-it-and-weep-jan-hooks-and-phil-hartmans-touching-short-film/2201560

In my book Hooks was one of the top three female SNL performers I've seen. She played a variety of roles with both versatility and polish.

I feel a sense of loss at her passing, and it got me thinking about death long enough to consider how to find the silver lining. If there is a heaven, there's comfort in eternal happiness. If not, there is at least the freedom from the trappings of declining health, and the celebration of a life well-lived, a chance to remember all the ways she brightened her world during her lifetime.

No comments: