Saturday, July 26, 2008

About Time

"One of my father's favorite refrains: 'Make each day your masterpiece.' This axiom was his way of reminding me to always use time prudently - each day, each hour, each minute.

On average, I had 210 hours of practice time to accomplish my teaching goals (105 practices, each two hours long). I placed great significance on every single one of those minutes -- each an opportunity to teach our team what they needed to know to improve, what they needed to do to achieve competitive greatness and hopefully, outscore opponents." -- John Wooden

That kind of attention to the clock brings some great productivity. I will say, though, that I stopped wearing a watch following a retreat in 2002. Life offers enough distractions from enjoying the scenery and the moment, without attaching another one to my wrist!

No comments: