Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mom & Grandma

Mom's birthday was last Wednesday, and we showed up at her house to find her scooting around the place as well as I've seen in the last two years. Still with a cane, but well past the point of being unable to hoist her leg into bed. Some arthritic feet are giving her an achy slowdown, but the future is bright.

We headed out to see Grandma, and her 91-year old smile was in full force! Using an oxygen tube full-time, and moving about in a wheelchair, but still able to carry a conversation easily. Chatting up the Cubs, mom's new car, the weather, and the British Open. She looked much better than I'd expected after her bout with pneumonia. Oh, and evidently she managed to take down her 80something roommate during a curtain-yanking battle. I am not kidding. That gives her one more takedown than I have in my lifetime!

No comments: