Sunday, February 8, 2009

Credit Is Doo

Someone complimented me on my work with Leadership McLean County. I love the affirmation, I just can't take credit for it. Prior to LMC, I was active in a ministry but floundering - long hours of effort amounting to little, regularly out of sync with the team. Now in LMC, it's the opposite. It just happens that my natural gifts and instincts align with LMC's needs and purpose. How can I take credit for that? If a flower was placed in thorny ground, it'd take root, grow briefly, and then choke. If the same flower was placed in a garden, it would flourish. It's just a blessing to be planted in the right place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good analogy....There needs to be more people in the world that think this way. Humility and sharing the spotlight...there's a fine line. Take the credit on mastering that.