Thursday, February 26, 2009

Had A Bawl, Thanks

I'd been in the professional work force for about a year when my supervisor called me into his office with a heated voice. If words were fire, by the end of that meeting not even my ashes would have survived! I'd like to say that my personality was strong enough to learn from it, shake it off and move on, but in truth it took me a while to recover. Whether it's being bawled out for performance issues or any other matter, whether or not it's deserved (and in my case, there was a clear performance issue that needed addressing in some fashion), life will punch us in the gut and leave us staggering from time to time. Fighters don't get embarrassed by that, it just comes with the trade. Winning fighters persevere through their own confidence - bruises heal, as long as we don't continue to beat ourselves up.

No comments: