Sunday, May 17, 2009

Adversity

"Whenever I face adversity, I look at the problem and them beyond the problem. I look for the solution and then I look for the positive impact it will have on me, my team or my family." - Mike Krzyzewski

This week a co-worker faced some adversity amid the stress of helping to price a product. There are some strong indicators that a price cut could be sensible, but we're still lacking some of the data to finalize it. And frankly, other stresses facing upper management have desensitized them to the possibilities - for the moment. My co-worker was wise enough to hold his tongue, to await the right moment to persist. That will lead to more positive results than lashing out in frustration.

Sometimes you're trapped indoors in a rainstorm without an umbrella, and it just makes sense to wait for the sun.

No comments: