Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanks! Part 2

What a day. Time for an annual dishing of much-deserved thanks.

Lisa, thanks for lunch. We see a lot of things through the same eyes.

Ryan and Dave, thanks for the chance to learn to coach.

Jeff, you are Mr. Approachable at family gatherings. Thanks for that.

Scott and Lisa, thanks for inviting us out to dinner, games, dessert, your home, your study group.

Kimberly, thanks for your running club and friendship with Dena... and for teaming up with Jason to share a few fun meals with us.

Thanks, neighbor X, for getting caught up on your condo fees after five years. The treasury thanks you too!

Thad, thanks for sports chat, and for taking the time to get to know me.

Rusty, what could I accomplish at the Farm without you? Thanks for your support and flexibility.

Gerry, I appreciate you taking me to lunch once a quarter. How many assistant vice presidents make that effort?

Tyson, I've been through more with you this year than anyone except Dena. I'd do it all over again just for the laughs. Thanks for being a complete person - co-worker and friend.

Rich, thanks for your thoughtful and fun insights. We made great Training Committee teammates and would've done the same in the actuarial rock band.

Jane, thanks for sharing your elite talents with us. Writer, gamer, baker... it'd be impossible to have too many double-dates with you guys.

Darren, that means you too. I have a feeling that if we took a thousand mile road trip we'd come back with a lifetime's worth of laughs.

Thanks for being you, HolidaySnuggie.com.

Thanks to the producers of "1,000 Ways To Die." If I find myself trapped in a meat locker, helium balloon, or industrial-size clothes dryer, I'll understand exactly what's happening to my body in stunning detail.

Rob, what more could I ask for in a new hire? Our team's been on the rise ever since you fell into our lap. Thanks for being energetic, organized and servant-minded... a perfect fit for us all. Wherever you're headed, it's going to be a success.

Eric, thanks for lazy poolside chats and diligently serving the condo board. You're as unreservedly friendly as they come.

Jan, I appreciate all you do as the board secretary.

You're on my mind daily, and I loved our encounter together. Thanks, B-52s.

Mom, words can't do justice. When people describe me as calm, I think "that's my mom." Thanks for, you know, everything.

Jack, thanks for all the work with the kettle ball. Your chiseled Facebook photo physique is the inspiration for every meaningful thing I accomplish - physically, mentally, spiritually, and criminally.

Paul McCartney. I can't be you, so I'll have to be content with thanking you.

Paulette, thanks for the combination of passionate life philosophy and determined no-nonsense productivity you share with me every week.

Betty, you may be the most productive person who's ever worked for me. Your drive and generosity are legendary. Thanks.

Amy, my loosened muscles thank you from my forehead through my toes.

Mike, Leslie, Joy, Stephanie and Angelia, for taking care of my hair... Casey, Jenny, Jamie, Andrea and Maura, my feet. Ahhhh... thaaaannnnkssss....

Tina, you are a rock. Toughness with a smile. I'd pick you for my work team every time. Thanks for your sunshine, dedication and leadership.

Mom & Dad F. Thanks for giving and giving and giving and giving and...

Troy, if I write a book on fatherhood I know who I'm modeling it after. Thanks, bro.

Jennifer, your smile and airtight work quality give me confidence and good spirits. I can count on you as an employee and a person. Thanks.

Dona, neither Hidden Blog nor I would be quite as good without you. Thanks for writing, listening, talking, encouraging... the sister I'd have ordered if I could've.

Just a partial list here, really. Thank God for a life with all this richness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, thank YOU. That means a lot. Apparently I have 6 siblings that are just never quite sure what to do with me! Who says in-laws are the crazy ones!??! ;)