Sunday, August 31, 2014

2014 Goals Update

Exercise/Stretch 5+ Days a Week, Body Fat 14%

I'm back in the gym working out with weights - gradually, since it's been nearly a year away, but consistently three days a week. On alternate days I've been running 3 miles and pushing 150 beats a minute. I've done a fair amount of stretching or knee exercises, which will need more focus.  The fat-o-meter's been in the 13-14% range.

Healthy Elbow, Knee, Teeth

The elbow lets me know it's there after my workouts, but I have stretches to counteract it so the discomfort should be manageable. The knee complains in the morning but behaves reasonably well after I warm up. The most exciting news on this front is that the root canal has eliminated my lower tooth pain for the first time in about 18 months and I am loving it!

Tutor 800 Hours

August is developing at the same pace as last year, about a half-dozen students per week. To hit 800 I'd need to move faster than last year's pace, so I may need to jump into some extra marketing. I think I'll give credit for my ISU substitute teaching here, too; establishing a reputation at the school would be a boost.

Blog Thanks Weekly

Three straight months of perfect attendance on this goal!

Make 10 New Acquaintances, And Volunteer For A New Organization

Since the new acquaintance goal is met, I'm going to pivot now toward finding a new organization to volunteer for on a short-term basis. Truthfully I'd like to find about one a month, but baby steps are appropriate here.

Clean House

Our basement wall is repainted and looking good; our water problems have not returned. I presented the driveway project to the condominium Board and got some key feedback, also volunteering to handle the signage by the street.

No comments: