Saturday, August 9, 2014

Review: House Of Cards

Thanks to Austin Travis, I started watching a show that was on my Netflix "recommended" list for some time: House Of Cards, a Netflix original series starring Kevin Spacey.

I'd kept my distance from it because of the dark overtones it appeared to have. Indeed it is a serious drama about not-nice people doing manipulative and occasionally illegal things. It is centered in Washington politics.

But.

The show revolves around Spacey's character, an aspiring senator who's denied a post he'd earned. After a night of contemplation, he hatches a complex plan which slowly unfolds - and succeeds - over the course of two full seasons.

Lots of shows centered around such a single premise are filled with sidetracks, or with the main character shooting himself in the foot and going back to square one (looking at you, Breaking Bad). Those stories get my clicker finger itchy. This one held my attention.

Looking forward to season three!

No comments: