Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dr. Friendly

Dr. Friendly is a non-certified medical amateur, whose advice column appears exclusively in Hidden Blog.

Dear Dr. Friendly,

The other day I received a disturbing call from an incompetent employee at my son's community college. The class was mistakenly listed as a 12 week course, not to begin until Feb 15th. But actually it's a 16 week course, that first met last week.

Somehow 6 of the 33 students got the right date (they must have had the competent advisors).

She claimed that the right date was printed in some materials, and other ways online.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if his "absence" would count against him. This college must be the only one on earth that keeps attendance. Such a stupid policy is probably to get extra bucks out of us by flunking them with fake absences.

She kept repeating that it was their mistake. Now I have to wonder how many other convenient "mistakes" they're using to screw up my son's future?

Something's seriously wrong here. What should I do?

Frustrated Community College Mom

----------

Dear Frustrated,

I agree that there's something seriously wrong. May I suggest that you let your son answer the phone next time?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES! That or simply take the message down and tell the caller he will get back with them if he has any questions! Mountains over mole hills I'm tellin ya! LOL