Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shaving Type O Positive

I think it's important to take good care of my skin, so that it's in top shape when I go to Hatteras, fry it like bacon and add two years to my visual age.

So I Google searched around for skin care tips. The Mayo Clinic had a tidy article with several wise ones. For example, I should shave with a manual razor rather than electric one.

I am the Count Dracula of manual shavers. I'd tried it about five times in my life prior to this year. Every time, I nicked myself. Now it probably didn't help that I used no soothing shaving gel whatsoever. So this time I purchased shaving lotion, after shave lotion, and the impressively named Gillette Mach 3 razor. The Mach 3 is a futuristic looking sleek silvery metallic wonder. Tiny colored strips indicate when it's time to change the blade. I eagerly found my way into the package and the bathroom to try it out.

I nicked myself. And regrettably I had not thought to search for any Gillette Mach 3 Blood-Clotting Toilet Paper while at the store.

Six shaves later, five of them drew blood. I'm thinking of applying to the Big Brothers program so that a responsible adult can teach me. Otherwise, when the Pantagraph celebrates our 25th anniversary down the road, people will see all the scars and wonder what in the world Dena's been doing to me. Unless I cover myself with cooking oil and disguise them with Hatteras wrinkles. Then they'll ask "Why did she marry a guy twice her age?"

No comments: