Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Wanderer

Alas, my PC suddenly screamed at me last night. WARNING - under attack! and the like. I bought it a little too quickly and clicked a button that I thought would resolve the problem. That appeared to compound the problem, as now I'm unable to do just about anything on it without a screen popping up that demands I submit credit card information in order to lock in antivirus protection. I'm unwilling to do that, especially since some of these subsequent messages contain misspellings that have me questioning its validity. And I can't even get to the "Add/Remove Programs" feature to erase this thing. So... tomorrow I'm off to the computer shop to have them clean it up for me.

That's why my first post from a Macintosh (Dena's) computer is taking place after 1,600 on a PC. I'd gotten increasing feedback from people about how virus-free Macs are. As one guy put it "I never thought I'd become a Mac snob, but I have." Now I'm giving some long careful thought to making our home 100% Mac. I suppose the Irishman in me should've considered it long ago out of loyalty to country.

If anyone out there knows a good reason why I should stick with PC, I'm all ears. I am concerned as to whether my current version .docx and .xlsx Word and Excel documents will transfer successfully to Mac programs. Let your voice be heard!

No comments: