Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Magazine That Excites Me

Around this time of year, Sports Illustrated sends me its annual swimsuit issue. And I throw it in the trash. What makes them think I'm in the market for buying a bikini? It's been a Christmas tradition for Mom to give me a gift of an SI subscription, and next year I've got to remember to have her check the box that reduces the price by skipping this issue. But I digress.

I love when the Heartland Community College community education catalog comes out every quarter! These affordable, well-presented courses (several just a couple hours long) seed all kinds of dreams that otherwise might never cross my mind. I already mentioned that this is how I hooked up with voice acting, learned to play the guitar, and found a marriage enrichment class. Now:

- Improv: Storytelling Through Drama and Movement
- Learn To Play The Harmonica
- ACT Math Review (for this one I thought, maybe they need an instructor!)
- Getting The Most From Social Security
- Private Pilot Ground School
- Fly Your Sweetie To The Moon (Valentine's Day dinner/"mission" at the Challenger Learning Center)

I can't say enough about it! They could hire me to do a radio or T.V. commercial anytime. I'd even write it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you have about a month before that shows up in the mail. And here's an idea....why not make a buck or two and sell it to someone SI subscriptionless instead of round filing it. You never know. There's gotta be a guy or two out there that is dying to find that just right fitting bikini! LOL

Joe McDonald said...

Brilliant idea! I'll start contacting churches and see if they have room in the bulletin for the ad.

Anonymous said...

LOL! You looking to get banned? I suggest going a bit more incognito! Start with your bro in laws!!

(kidding of course, I don't want that trash in MY house! Don't ask T!)