Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Muffin And A Bit Of Brandi

Had breakfast with my friend Brandi over at the Coffee Hound in Bloomington today. I'm easily influenced by people with heart and drive and optimism, and she's like a shot of all three. "Live life to the fullest" came right out of her mouth, but she didn't need to say it. One minute she's coordinating a community panel discussion of police from the local departments, next she's running distance races, or becoming the top rookie pharmaceutical seller at Pfizer, or supervising a State Farm unit to stardom, or serving on a board to assist people with mental health problems. Oh, and serve her family as mom and wife. When I set a new year's resolution to make ten new acquaintances, it's so that at least one of them might model good living like she does. There are many ways to live happily, from type A to type Z. The more styles that I can be around to learn from, the better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new blog layout!! I swear I smelled suntan lotion the minute the page loaded!

kudos for keeping us here in the frozen tundra just that much warmer!!