Saturday, December 18, 2010

Surviving The Contract Killer

A man in his midtwenties suffered a blow to his upstart business. A client providing $30,000 per month abruptly pulled out of the deal, transforming his situation from barely making income to experiencing huge losses. These days, the man is a multi-millionaire. Looking back, he explained his outlook:

"I realized that may be it was good, in that I went through a superhorrible ordeal early on, and because of going through it early on, for one thing, I got myself some fantastic attorneys. And I have better, more ironclad contracts will all my processors than I would have if I'd never gone through that nightmare. So does that make it good luck? I think it does."

Not once during the debacle did he ask himself whether he could afford to stay in business. In his mind, staying in business - somehow, some way - was a given.

Two states - success and learning. Sounds better than success and failure.

No comments: