Sunday, May 2, 2010

Moving Along

"I don't get consumed by circumstances that are beyond my control. If I worry, it beats everybody else down. I'm always in to what's happening next. So Bob Griese has broken ankle? Okay, let's get Earl Morrall ready and put him in there." - Don Shula

I never did finish my story about the agent who'd asked for a product that simply wasn't available currently. When she called back, we designed a halfway solution. We'd both given it the best we could, and that was that.

Late Friday, I stopped by my old stomping grounds in the Life Tax department. During a conversation I picked up a vibe of discontentment. For a while I studied the situation. Had I done something wrong? Probably not, possibly so. It could be that I'd simply come at a bad time. It wasn't worth the weight, so I cast the thought into the distance and headed on to the next thing.

No comments: